Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Memory Lane

Having gone to college here in Springfield, MO, I've been experiencing a flood of nostalgic memories as I drive on these streets again.

We all have memories that we would just as soon forget due to mistakes or rough circumstances. I also think that memory lane can be a very good place for us when we choose to remember the good things God has done in our lives in past years.

Occasionally we all find ourselves in seasons of discouragement. One of the main ways we can fight discouragement is to remember God's faithfulness to us in the past. By remembering God's goodness, we can wage war against the despairing thoughts we might be facing.

God did so much in my life during my college years in Springfield and it has been very good for me to think about his faithfulness to me during that time. If you happen to be going through a difficult time right now I want to encourage you to take a moment to remember the different times when God was there for you in the past and let it renew and refresh your hope for God's help in your current situation.