Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I'm An Adventurer (somewhat)

Even though I was influenced somewhat by Indiana Jones, God has given me a love of adventure. I really enjoy visiting archaeological sites. I have visited several ruins of the ancient Maya civilizations.

The first time I was in Mexico, I visited Chichen Itza, which is probably best known for its 75' tall pyramid in excellent condition.

A couple of years ago I had the privilege of visiting the ancient Mayan city of Tikal in Guatemala. Tikal was one of the major cultural and population centers of the Maya civilization. There are a few ruins there that were used as a backdrop for a couple of scenes in Star Wars Episode IV.

As Jess and I are about to leave for our vacation now we are planning on visiting the Mayan city of Coba in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico. Coba is one of the most unexcavated of all Mayan archaelogical sites. Looking forward to it.

With that, I'll be checking out of the blogosphere. Peace out!

No comments: