Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

It was good to be away, but its great to be back! Jess and I had a wonderful time in Mexico. We originally thought our resort was in Cancun, but it ended up being in Riviera Maya, about 45 minutes south of Cancun along the coast. I think I was able to use every bit of Spanish that I know!

The weather was beautiful, the water was great, and the food was amazing. I'm glad to have rediscovered my love for one of the greatest food combinations in the world: chopped white onions, chopped tomatoes, and fresh cilantro (i.e. pico de gallo). Love that stuff! They definitely know how to do Mexican food down there.

We were also able to visit the archaelogical site of Coba, an ancient Mayan city. Though not as large as some of the other ancient cities I've visited, Coba is largely unexcavated. Our guide told us that they have only uncovered about 1% of the city. I'll post some pictures of it later on.

Also got to finish the classic book Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. More on that for another time.

It's great to be back and I'm looking forward to what God has for us this summer at ACC!

No comments: