Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Experiential Faith

The anticipation is continuing to build as the countdown to our Spiritual Awakening Services is down to two days. As I mentioned in a previous post, all of my life-defining moments have come from times where I was immersed in the presence of God. This weekend I'm praying and believing for life-defining moments in people's lives. I'm praying that God would change lives forever.

Our faith is intended by God to be experiential. Think about it, the Scriptures are full of men and women who had real experiences with the living God. It's impossible to read the Bible and come away denying the fact that God wants us to experience his presence.

It's in God's presence that we're reminded of how great he is and how small we are. It's in that place of intimacy with him that we experience "fullness of joy" and are changed forever.

I'm reminded of what A.W. Tozer says in The Pursuit of God,

For it is not mere words that nourish the soul, but God Himself, and unless and until the hearers find God in personal experience they are not the better for having heard the truth. The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts.

I'm praying that this weekend God will reveal himself in powerful ways. That everyone who comes in will experience the life-transforming power of his love and grace and never be the same again!

1 comment:

Josh Pearman said...

oh my goodness! mike! how are you man!? it's great to see you around here as well...let me know how God is blessing you!