Thursday, March 1, 2007

Drugs, a Bullet, and Jesus


Just finished having lunch with my friend, Pastor Brian Bolt from Pittsburgh City Outreach. Brian has one of the most amazing testimonies I have every heard. God radically saved him from a life of drug abuse and is using him powerfully to proclaim the Gospel. He actually still has a bullet lodged in his head somewhere! I had a great time hearing about his heart for inner city people. On March 31, 2006, he and his wife Angie planted Pittsburgh City Outreach in Lawrenceville. In addition to pastoring, Brian also directs a men’s recovery home for recovering drug addicts. They are seeing God do amazing things. I love Brian’s heart for evangelism. It’s infectious. It’s so true that your greatest scars can become your greatest ministry. Each one of us has the capacity to reach certain kinds of people because of the different experiences we have gone through in life. It’s amazing that God can take the junk from each of our pasts and use it powerfully for his glory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is an amazing testimony and I don't even know the whole thing. I would just like to kind of follow up on what you said about how God uses each of us according to our "story" - I know that not quite quoting you but, seriously. I know personally my weaknesses have become my strenghts and having gone through a exceptionally brutal past, God has given me the heart to use it to share. This is yet another testimony of a straight example of God's Love, Grace and Mercy and hope for all who may feel hopeless.